The House of Virgin Mary is believed to be the house where Mother Mary, the mother of Jesus spent the rest of her life after the crucifixion of Jesus. It is located on top of a mountain 6 km from Ephesus. The house is open all year long and has a souvenior shop, facilities and a café at the site.
The house was discovered by the visions of a German nun named Anna Caterina Emericht in 1891 and has been visited by 3 Popes so far, last of them to be Pope Benedict XVI in year 2006.
Take a private tour to Virgin Mary’s House with a private licensed guide, deluxe air-conditioned minivan and driver and lunch with Ephesus Tours